826NYC wants to partner with your school, community-based or nonprofit organization to create customized writing programs for your students.
If you’re a school, we will run a comprehensive in-class residency that not only aligns with the literacy curriculum in your classroom, but that also results in a perfect-bound publication for your student authors.
826NYC would love to partner with your school if:
– You are a Title 1 New York City public school
– You will commit to at least one 6-10 week residency in your school
– You will provide a partner teacher who will be the lead liaison with 826NYC
– Your participating teachers will commit to helping plan and support the residency from ideation through execution
– You will pay a fee of 10% of the overall cost of the residency
What you’ll receive from 826NYC:
– Comprehensive curriculum design and in-class support from a specialized teaching artist
– In-class support from trained volunteers, who work with small groups of students for more individualized attention
– Perfect-bound publications for each participating student and teacher
– If you’re an organization that works with students and would like to partner with 826NYC for a publishing project, all of the above requirements apply other than a Title 1 status.
Please reach out to our Director of Education, Aarti Monteiro at email@example.com with any questions, or to book your residency today!
Recent in-schools and partnership residencies include:
P.S. 316 Elijah Stroud (2018) – Epistolary Writing with 5th Grade Students
Row New York (2017) – Personal Narrative Writing with 9th-12th Grade Students
PS/MS 7 (2017) – Food Justice Narrative Writing with 7th Grade Students
P.S. 316 Elijah Stroud (2017) – Science Fiction & Fantasy Writing with 5th Grade Students
High School of Fashion Industries (2017) – Social Justice Poetry Writing with 10th Grade Students
Bronx Leadership Academy II (2017) – Hero and Anti-Hero Poetry Writing with 10th Grade Students
Recent guest authors for publications include:
Caron Levis (2019)
Ariel Lauren Wilson (2018)
Daniel José Older (2017)
Karen Washington (2017)
Sheri Booker (2016)
Marcus Samuelsson (2014)
Patricia Smith (2014)