Alyssa Cole is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of romance (historical, contemporary, and sci-fi) and thrillers. Her Civil War-set espionage romance An Extraordinary Union was the American Library Association’s RUSA Best Romance for 2018, and A Princess in Theory was one of the New York Times’ 100 Notable Books of 2018. She’s contributed to publications including Bustle, Shondaland, The Toast, Vulture, RT Book Reviews, and Heroes and Heartbreakers, and her books have received critical acclaim from The New York Times, Library Journal, BuzzFeed, Kirkus, Booklist, Jezebel, Vulture, Book Riot, Entertainment Weekly, and various other outlets. When she’s not working, she can usually be found watching anime or wrangling her pets.
PROMPT: World Building
Create a kingdom or country! Write a short description of a kingdom/country that does not exist in the real world. Things to think about:
– What part of the world is the kingdom/country located in?
– Is it a contemporary kingdom (like The Princess Diaries), high fantasy world (The Witcher, Lord of the Rings), or sci-fi/futuristic (Jupiter Ascending/etc)?
– What kind of government do they have?
– What language do they speak?
– What are their traditional foods?
– Do they have religion, and if so is it similar to ones that already exist or different?
– What is one mythological/folk legend they have?
– What do they do for fun?
– Are they warring or at peace?
– What else would you like us to know about them?
Don’t miss out! Sign up here to make sure you get the prompts and the invite to the weekly quaranTEEN gathering.