Last Updated: December 16, 2022
Information We Collect
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect personal information as follows:
- when you use or interact with our Site or make a purchase or donation;
- when you communicate with us, including when you submit information through the Site, submit inquiries, or request information from us, including inquiries or requests regarding renting our space;
- when you subscribe or sign up to receive communications, materials, or other information from us;
- when you apply to be a volunteer with us and sign up for our volunteer orientation courses;
- when you register for or participate in our events or programs;
- when you engage with our online communities, blogs, and forums, including any information you may provide through your interaction with or participation in our social media pages and groups. Please note that online forums may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post in the forums. We encourage you to exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose on the areas of the Site that are accessible to the general public.
- when we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources.
- to provide the products and services, fulfill your orders, and administer and process purchases and donations;
- to process, administer, and respond to your requests to volunteer or participate in our programs;
- to contact and communicate with you and to address and respond to inquiries or requests;
- to develop and improve the Site, including to better tailor the features, performance, and support of the Site, for research, statistical, and analytics purposes, and for marketing and advertising purposes;
- for fraud, loss, and other crime prevention purposes, to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights, interests, and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- to enforce agreements or to comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
How We May Disclose Information
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances
We may also disclose information in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may provide information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, to protect the rights, property, or safety of our organization or any person, to enforce our agreements, or as otherwise required by law.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies, such as HTML5 local storage and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data. We may also use web beacons or “pixels,” and in certain circumstances may collect IP address, screen resolution, browser software, and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other similar categories of data.
You can choose to block or delete cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. Please note that if you block or erase cookies, certain parts of the Website may not function properly. For information on how to disable cookies, you can refer to your browser’s settings and instructions.
Use by Children
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 13 years without parental consent. No information should be submitted to our Website by individuals under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as permitted by law. If you believe we may have any collected information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please contact us using the contact information set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
Updating Your Information and Communication Preferences
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. Please note that the Site does not alter its behavior or use practices when we receive a Do-Not-Track signal from your browser.
We have implemented measures designed to secure and protect personal information. Please note, however, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information.
Links to Other Sites
372 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215