The Development Coordinator will work with the Development Manager and Executive Director to organize events to attract and retain donors, research potential new funders and write grant applications, manage the annual grant application timeline, assist in execution of marketing and communication strategy, and assist in the creation and execution of fundraisers.
Reports to: Development Manager
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30-5:30, some evening or weekend work may be required
- Work with development department to conceive of one cultivation or community event each quarter
- Manage guest list and assist with promotion of events
- Assist with securing talent, space, and vendors for events
- Responsible for gift processing and acknowledgement processes
- Maintain donor database
- Work with development team to implement fundraising strategy to ensure 826NYC meets its goals
- Research potential corporate sponsors to help underwrite events or sponsor programs
- Work with program and research staff to ensure information in 826NYC’s case statement is accurate and up to date
- Assist Development Manager in managing donor portfolios, tracking outreach, meetings, updates, funder reports, gift projections, and follow-up
- Research a diverse range of foundations that would be interested in supporting our programs and write grant applications to prioritized foundations
- Write, edit, and proof donor correspondence
- Maintain unified internet and social media presence of 826NYC including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the 826NYC website following our brand guidelines and marketing strategy
- Take photos of events and programs
- Provide additional administrative support, such as site visit scheduling, meeting preparation, filing, etc., as needed
- Interest in fundraising and nonprofit administration
- Experience creating a work plan and setting internal goals
- Experience meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Experience giving and receiving feedback
- Supportive of the work of peers
- Cooperative attitude, willingness to learn, team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software and applications (MSWord, Excel, etc.)
- Technological proficiency in web content (Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Twitter)
- Experience in Salesforce or a similar CRM is a plus but not required
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office; A personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
This position is an AmeriCorps VISTA position, administered by the Points of Light Foundation. A stipend is provided by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
How to Apply
Register for the AmeriCorps Vista program and apply for the listing here. In addition, please send the following to Development Manager, Erin Cass (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Development Coordinator.” No phone calls, please.
- A cover letter
- A detailed resume
- A writing sample of no more than 10 pages
- A list of three references
Applications due May 19th.